Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Puddles of Treacle...

For once words fail me;
Which in a way is rather infuriating, because the language is the only thing I've never stumbled on before,
But in another is so flying-by-the-seat-of-the-pants f a n t a s t i c because the moment he touches me all that confusing, constant internal dialouge goes out like a snuffed candle: all the sarcastic comments of Sarah, the broken murmurs of Y'dra, the furious arguments of Diera and Oren, and even Tanith's bleak grumblings drift away in sooty, lead-scented wisps...
The Fact that HE always seems to know what I'm thinking, putting a slender finger on my bottom lip and reminding me the words I'd forgotten I was going to say...

-Darnit, how does he DO that??!!!!

I thought I'd assigned all those kind of things to the "stuff that happens to other people" shelf, but shucky-darn if the universe keeps on hittin' -hit me like a semi jackknifed down a highway, matter-o-fact,

I used to Think that I couldn't burn off the madness of life as it built up, and that one day it would reach my eyeballs and by then I'd be so tired that I'd just stand there and be glad to drown, because I couldn't take anymore.
Then,
Splitting my veins with those electric blue eyes, and breathed infinity into my world; the oxygen rushed in and I could breathe, burning off the precious gas as fast as the atmosphere could provide.

Yes, I've alot to be thankful for, it seems. And I know exactly who I'm going to thank.
If only I could find the words....

-

No comments:

Post a Comment